Hokutens FFXI Installation Guide- This guide is not as updated as the wiki setup but this guide will get you setup.
This guide was copied from our wiki guide.
If you follow this installation guide and do not miss any steps you should not have any issues playing.
Installing and updating FFXI
Download and install the installation files located at '''PlayOnline.com'''
Make sure you download all 4 files. Then run the first one which is the setup.
When the setup is running to install FFXI, Make sure you check that you want to install PoL, FFXI, Rize of zilart, Chains, Treasures, and Wings.
Once the Install is finished
'''Run''' '''PlayOnline''' and let it update.
* After the update for POL is done and restarted it will ask you if you're a New User or Existing User.
* '''Choose Existing User''' using 1234567 as username/pass/account id etc.
* Exit '''PlayOnline'''
'''Prepare FFXI''' by downloading the patch files located
* Extract contents and copy to your FFXI directory:
* '''C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\'''
They just get pasted and replaced to the FFXI folder. If you look at the patch files you'll notice blue arrows and understand where to place them.
'''Repair FFXI Files'''
* Run PlayOnline. On the left side of the screen click '''Check Files'''
* If you get a separate popup window that says it's launching the FFXI installer or asks for install discs you can just close it.
*VERY IMPORTANT** On the next screen where it says '''"PlayOnlineViewer"''' click the two arrows (drop down box) and change it to '''"Final Fantasy XI"'''. The "version" should be '''"UNKNOWN"'''
* Click on the '''Check Files''' button.
* PlayOnline will then check all the FINAL FANTASY XI files (usually takes about 15-20 minutes) and prompt you on what to do because it found errors.
* You should then choose to '''fix the errors'''.
* PlayOnline will then automatically start checking and repairing the files. '''This takes around 5-7hrs'''.
'''Post update (repair)'''
* Once you're done checking and repairing the files, navigate to '''C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer'''
* Right-click the '''"data"''' folder and click '''copy'''
* Navigate to '''C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI''', right click an empty space in the folder and click '''paste'''. You should now have the '''"data"''' folder inside your '''/FINAL FANTASY XI/''' folder.
== Connecting to Hokuten==
'''Download '''the '''xiloader.exe '''file located
* Place the xiloader.exe in your POL folder (SquareEnix/PlayOnlineViewer)
If you have issues: Set pol.exe and xiloader.exe to run as administrator by right-clicking on them and going '''Properties''', opening the '''Compatibility '''tab and clicking the '''Run as Administrator''' checkbox at the bottom of the window.
'''Download''' and install ''' >>> x86 <<< version''' (Make sure you are only clicking the x86, even with a x64 setup)
* Optional: Delete '''vulgar2.dic''' from '''PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\data\dic''' to disable swear filters, as the setting does not get saved.
'''Download''' and install [http://windower.net/ '''Windower''']
* Create a profile, highlight your new profile, and click on the pencil icon to adjust your desired settings.
*'''''You can change the size of the UI''''' by opening the windower and changing the UI Scale. For me on a 55'' tv I use 1.3% moving the bar half way will probably make the UI in game too large, play around with it till your happy.
* Click the pin icon to create a desktop shortcut
* Exit Windower
* Navigate to the new pinned icon, right click it and go to properties. Once open where the target line is, add this code to the end of it, then click apply --> code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\Windower.exe" -p="FFXI" --executable=xiloader.exe --args="--server 220.127.116.11"
The name you chose for you profile should be in the code you just pasted to the target line.
'''Example'''(x86)\Windower4\Windower.exe" -p="'''Profile Name goes here'''" --executable=xiloader.exe --args=
* Launch Windower with your chosen profile
* The xiloader window will open, where you can log in and register a new account. To create a new account, enter '''2''' and hit enter, then enter your username and password and confirm your password.
* To log in, enter '''1''' and enter your username and password.
* Once you log in, Final Fantasy will start and you can create your character, choose your starting town, and get playing!
DO NOT CHANGE CITY NATION AFTER YOU HAVE PICKED 1 AT THE BEGINNING! iT WILL BREAK MANY THINGS!!! DONT BE THAT GUY/GIRL
[[Alternate Windower Configuration]]
==Other stuff to do when starting out==
* Be sure to check out the [[Rules]], and other helpful pages, which can be found on hokutens wiki's home page.
* Make sure you add yourself to the closed facebook group for schedules of events and other happenings. [https://www.facebook.com/groups/hokutens/]
* Request a (global chat item) from a [[GM]], if one isn't already in your inventory. Type "/sea all" into chat and send a message to any member if an admin isn't online. If all else fails, write a post to the [https://www.facebook.com/groups/hokuten Facebook Group] to request a linkpearl.
* Use guide to configure graphics.
* Remember useful game information links such as [http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Main_Page FFXIclopedia] and .
* Don't forget to check out the [[@ Commands]] and other features on the Hokutens/Wiki